|DWMA Mod (thedeathmod) wrote,|
@ 2011-11-09 19:35:00
I feel there shouldn't be a very long list of rules or things to go by in order to enjoy a game of anything. Sadly, there is always a need to explain things so that when complications do come up there is always a ready solution.
1. Don't be a dick: If you haven't been playing long enough to know how to properly conduct yourself in a game then you shouldn't apply here.
2. Please update your characters in the game at least once every two weeks.: You can update more though if you want!
3. There is no solid, one-size-fits-all character limit. Please stay within your own grasp of activity. If you don't have the time to properly divy up between your characters, we will ask you to thin your herd. Character limits will be judged on case by case basis. If you can't make activity cuts with the characters you have now or you're just sitting on a character and devoting all of your time to another one, you won't be allowed another.
4. Can you play a two-dimensional here? Yes! You must pick a PB for the purposes of playing with a person who might be uncomfortable playing against a cartoon. Have a minimum of 1 icons for 2D characters. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE: The characters come from a 3D movie or realistic 3D. [EXAMPLE: Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, Beowulf, Final Fantasy: Advent Children.]
5. This game will randomly pair up two characters for plot reasons!
6. Only one AU version of a character is allowed. AU must be a great change of character, not something so small that it's basically playing the same character, but not so out there that it never made sense. For example: Harry Potter was born a girl!
A good example would be: Lily married Snape instead of James.
SHIPPING AND SEXUALITY
Het, Slash and Femmeslash are permitted only if they are realistic. Don't be a cock-hop, the fun is in creating developments with other characters. Unless your character IS a whore/slut/jumps from person to person, you should know better. I prefer characters to be canon than not, but it's up to you :)!
ACTIVITY & HIATUS
One entry every two weeks and one thread a month. I'm really relaxed but if I see that you are gone for a long time? I'll be forced to remove you. I don't rule with an iron fist.
You can do more than that, just that is what is minimum.
This is simple, just paste it. On a side note, keep track of your threads and respond until the thread is done or you both decide it's finished. Also, try to keep your options open for new characters to play with.
Pick someone who fits your character, be realistic about it. You can't use a blonde to play a brunette, it's off-putting. Otherwise, just go with whoever. For a 2D character, you need at least one icon to fit your character. This is only so when playing with other 3D there isn't any people who are weirded out by RPing against a cartoon.
PUNCTURE AND FANDOMS
Canon puncturing is not allowed here, it just creates weird tension with other characters and sometimes a lot of negative aspects. While some games find this a fun plot point to find out that they are from a type of media, I've always seen it as turning sour for the character in the end :(!
I encourage you to do fandom mingling, while I am well aware most people join panfandoms because games they like don't have rps, you don't just avoid mingling with some fandoms. It's not fair :(!